Tillamook PUD has extended the due date for the 2017 Employment for Education Program applications to Friday, April 21, 2017.
All Tillamook County high school seniors who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply:
- be a U.S. Citizen and reside in the Tillamook PUD service area
- be at least 17 years old
- have a valid driver’s license
- have completed two years of mathematics beyond Algebra I and two years of science including biology
- graduate with a minimum 3.0 grade average
- plan to achieve a two or four-year college degree
Applications are available from high school counselors, from the PUD website at www.tpud.org or at the PUD office. The completed application, with all requested information, must be returned to Tillamook PUD by 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 21, 2017.
The Tillamook PUD Board of Directors will interview students in early May. Applicants are evaluated on academic achievement, educational and career goals, employment experience, extra-curricular activities, financial need and leadership qualities. The board selects an alternate in the event the winning candidate cannot continue with the program.