Tillamook PUD 2023 Community Support Grants Awarded
Tillamook PUD is pleased to announce the local organizations selected to receive funding through the Community Support Grant Program in 2023.
This year, a total of 27 applications requesting a combined amount of over $205,000 in funding were received. With so many valuable community projects submitted and limited funds budgeted towards the program, the selection decision was especially challenging for the Board of Directors. Upon a comprehensive review process, the following not-for-profit entities were awarded funds for their community projects this year:
- The City of Garibaldi- for the fire department training facility property.
- Fire Mountain School- for emergency preparedness.
- Hoffman Center for the Arts- for facility audio-visual equipment.
- Lower Nehalem Community Trust- for electrical upgrades.
- Meals for Seniors, Inc.– for kitchen facility electrical improvements.
- Neskowin Valley School– for the Tech for Teachers program.
- Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad- for machine shop equipment restoration.
- Port of Garibaldi– for the public restroom remodel project.
- Sitka Center for Art & Ecology- for the campus fire system replacement and electrical wall repair project.
- Tillamook Beekeepers Association- for the apiary and garden learning center.
- Tillamook County Composite Squadron 114, Civil Air Patrol– for a storage building facility.
- Tillamook County Habitat for Humanity- for electrical work at houses in Bay City and Garibaldi.
- Tillamook County Outdoor School– for camp radios and medical supplies.
- Tillamook County YMCA– for the fresh air fitness door project.
- Tillamook Senior Citizens Club Inc.– to replace the ductless heat pump in the Senior Center drop-in area.
- Tillamook Serenity Club– for signage.
The Community Support Grant Program was developed over 20 years ago to assist local not-for-profit organizations in funding projects that promote economic growth and enhance community liveability in Tillamook County. The Board of Directors budgets funds for the program annually, the amount budgeted for the program in 2023 was $90,000.
Tillamook PUD is delighted to support the work of these outstanding organizations and looks forward to the lasting positive impacts each project will have within the community.