Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers
A critical component of owning an EV is charging it. While you can charge your vehicle with a standard 120-volt outlet, a Level 2 charging station allows you to charge in less than a third the time. Level 2 adds about 10 to 60 miles of range to a vehicle per hour of charging time, making it far more convenient and energy efficient than standard 120V AC charging.
Tillamook PUD offers a rebate to customers that purchase and install a Level 2 EV charging station at their service location. See below for rebate details.
Residential EV Charger Rebate
- Rebate of $250 – one rebate per service location.
- Must be installed in Tillamook PUD service territory.
- Rebate not to exceed the cost of the charger and/or its installation.
Commercial EV Charger Rebate
- Rebate of $500 – with an additional $500 for a multiple port charger, maximum rebate $1,000.
- Maximum rebate per service location $2,000.
- The charger must be installed in Tillamook PUD service territory and must be at a commercial, workplace, fleet or public location.
- The $500 rebate applies to each port of a multiple port charger, if each user is able to charge simultaneously at full capacity. If charging capacity is reduced when multiple ports are in use, the additional rebate does not apply per port.
Additional Residential and Commercial EV Charger Requirements:
- EV charger must be Level 2 (240V) and be UL listed.
- EV chargers that are resold, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims or won as a prize are not eligible for rebates under this program.
- Charger must have a purchase date after January 1, 2020.
- Rebate request must be submitted within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebate request form must include a copy of purchase invoice.
- The customer requesting a rebate must allow a PUD representative to verify the charger installation onsite.
ENERGY STAR® Appliances
Tillamook PUD encourages you to think ENERGY STAR® as you shop for appliances. When you purchase and install an energy saving ENERGY STAR® compliant clothes washer or dryer, you’ll not only save energy and money, you could be eligible for additional rebates from Tillamook PUD.
- $35 rebate — clothes washer (ENERGY STAR) (Rebate Form PDF)
- $50 rebate — clothes dryer (ENERGY STAR) (Rebate Form PDF)
In addition, Tillamook PUD and the following stores offer a financing program with unsecured, zero-percent interest on ENERGY STAR® appliances, on approved credit up to $2,000 for 12 months:
- All Star Appliance
- Homelife Furniture
- Roby’s Furniture and Appliance
Heat Pump Water Heaters
Unitary Heat Pump Water Heater
- Tier 3 models – $800 rebate
- Tier 4 models – $900 rebate
In order to be eligible for the Heat Pump Water Heater program:
- Unitary HPWH’s must be installed in an unconditioned space such as an unheated basement or garage.
- HPWH’s need to be installed according to manufacturer specifications. The homeowner or a licensed plumber can install a unitary HPWH, a split system HPWH must be installed by a certified installer.
- Only existing single family homes qualify, new construction homes do not qualify.
- For a list of qualified Heat Pump Water Heaters, see the Advanced Water Heater Specification Qualified Products list (PDF)
How does a Heat Pump Water Heater work? Check out this video
The rebate program is a limited time offer, based on the availability of funds, and is subject to change without notice.
Forget to adjust the thermostat before heading out? Relax, with a smart thermostat you can control your home temperature anytime, anywhere from your smartphone or other internet enabled device.
Controlling your home temperature with a smart thermostat helps you save energy and stay comfortable.
Check out our Rebates
Tillamook PUD is now offering a $140 rebate on qualifying Smart Thermostat purchases. To request a rebate, complete the form below and return it to Tillamook PUD.
Stainless Steel Meter Base and Metering Equipment
Rebates are available for Tillamook PUD customers that install qualifying stainless steel metering equipment at their service address within the Tillamook PUD service territory. In order to qualify for a rebate, the customer must complete the rebate form within 12 months of purchase and submit a receipt for the meter base purchase to Tillamook PUD.
The following rebates are offered:
$250 rebate – for the installation of a stainless steel self-contained meter base.
$500 rebate – for the installation of a stainless steel CT enclosure, meter stack, or meter main.
- Each metering equipment shall only qualify for a single rebate.
- For a CT enclosure to qualify, both the enclosure and the meter base must be stainless steel.
- Meter bases used in CT installations do not qualify separately for a rebate.
- Only the owner of the property qualifies for the rebate.
Definitions of Metering Equipment
CT Enclosure or Cabinet: An enclosure that current transformers are mounted within. Normally installed for services of 600 amps for single phase and 400 thru 800 amps for three phase.
Meter Main: A self-contained meter base with a built-in main breaker.
Meter Pack: Two or more metering stacks that are ganged together, and mounted horizontally.
Meter Stack: Consists of two or more metering socket positions, vertically mounted in a single enclosure.
Self-Contained Meter Base: A meter base designed to accommodate the full line current and voltage of a service.
To request a rebate complete the applicable below form and submit a receipt for the metering equipment purchase to Tillamook PUD by mail at PO Box 433, Tillamook, OR 97141 or by email at [email protected].
Meter Base Replacement Loan Option
In addition, Tillamook PUD customers may qualify for financing through Tillamook PUD to replace the meter base at their service location. Meter base replacement loan terms include zero percent interest for a term of up to 36 months.
To request a loan, please complete the application below and submit it along with the requested documentation to Tillamook PUD, PO Box 433, 1115 Pacific Avenue in Tillamook, OR 97141.